The Ecumenical Forum of European Christian Women affirms solidarity with the Ukrainian people and calls for an immediate end to the abuse of power displayed by Putin.
The Ecumenical Forum of European Christian Women is a network of women from all Christian traditions. The Forum is active in over 30 European countries.As members of the Ecumenical Forum of European Christian Women we strongly condemn the invasion of Ukraine by Russia. This is in contravention of International Law and a violation of the UN Charter which puts the foundations of our peaceful interdependence and shared humanity at grave risk.
We stand against the abuse of power by one man who has launched an unprovoked attack against the Ukrainian people, including communities of women and children. Such politics that brings death and destruction must end.
Our movement is one that seeks peace, emboldened and driven by our belief in the life and example of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Our mission is to reach out across cultural, geographical and national divides and, in solidarity with one another, seek the peace and justice that is demanded by our faith.
We therefore stand in solidarity with our Ukrainian sisters and all Ukrainian people and make the following commitments:
- To call for an immediate end to the current invasion.
- To uphold in prayer the people of the Ukraine and our Ukrainian sisters.
- To demand of our governments determined action to bring about a peaceful and just resolution to this war.
- To welcome and support refugees and all those displaced because of the conflict.
- To support the desire of the Ukrainian people to be fully established as European members.
On behalf of the EFECW Coordinating Committee